About Me

My photo
North Wales
- Natalie - 24 years old - Registered Mental Health Nurse - Self confessed beauty addict

Sunday, 19 February 2012

The Big Skin Care Mystery ...

Hi everyone!!! So this is going to be a little review of what is only known as 'The Big Skin Care Mystery' ..
I'm sure most of you have heard of this, but just incase you havn't ...
Basically ... there is a new face mask/face wash on the market ... but currently, the makers are not revealing the brand name or anything about it. There are sample sachets floating around everywhere, I picked up one in this months Glamour Mag, but you can also go HERE to request one ... which I have also done. 

This review is based on how the mask worked with my skin type; oily t-zone with dry patches on the chin.

It looks like this from the front ...


... and like this from the back ...


Seen as i'm getting another in the post, I thought i'd use this one from Glamour as a mask ...
I used it exactly as directed.

The texture of this is a strange one ... It's thin, but still thick enough to hold its own weight and it has an almost greasy ish texture when applied ... looks like this on my hand ...


As you can see its an off-white color, with an almost light green undertone. It smells slightly false, but pleasent none the less; very fruity and a bit chalky. It kind of reminds me of St. Ives products. 

It has a very thin coverage on the face ...


After two mins, the mask was hardened and felt fine, but when i came to taking it off, it definately felt a bit tight and like it needed to come off.

When i took it off, initially my skin felt really clean and soft.

But after about 5 mins it felt tights and unpleasant.
Dry patches on my nose where i'm usually oily, and where i had dry patches they are now very red and itchy and really obvious.
All in all, im not overly impressed .... but i do want to find out what the mystery is.... officially revealed on 1/3/2012.

Have you tried this product !?!! What are your thoughts....?

Thanks for reading!


1 comment:

  1. I haven't heard of this before, I'm going to request a sample! I have only just found your lovely blog and am now a follower. :-) xx

    http://thebeautyoflouise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete